Monday, March 8, 2010

Booby Hiccup Diverted

Cohen is eagerly getting into a routine and seems to be expecting boob at different times of the day which is great. I am also trying to pump every 2 - 3 hours, which now means the house is starting to look like a big mess. Between pumping and allowing Cohen to feed when he wants and spending play time together during the day, some things have had to give a bit on the home front. I am happy for the sacrifices although an untidy house bothers me, it's not important in the overall scheme of things.

So I must tell you something - yesterday morning (being Sunday) I was trying to pump whilst Cohen had his morning sleep. In the middle of pumping the pump started to make funny sounds and lose its suction. It is a loaner from the hospital and I have checked it over for cracks and splits and so forth, but I just think it's on it's way out. It would have had a work out in it's time, I would imagine. So of course with our re lactation efforts going so well, the first thing I thought was "no, no, no this can't happen, I need this pump it's crucial at the moment". So I went into SOS mode and posted a help thread on Nappycino as well as a Facebook status plee and I mass text messaged some people I knew. I was desperately hoping that someone would be able to help me with the loan of an electric breast pump for a while longer. Thankfully half way through the day after spending time fretting about what the hell I was going to do, I got a text message from a friend of mine. After Cohen's sleep yesterday afternoon we ducked over to her house and it turns out she had the same pump I have been using from the hospital so she didn't even need to give me the run down on how to use it.

I am so thankful to my friend for help and I was in tears when I go the text message saying I could borrow it. She has only in the last few weeks weaned her son to the bottle because she is going back to full time work in about a months time, otherwise I wouldn't of been able to have the use of her pump......how lucky am I. DH and I were laughing yesterday about how much has been thrown at Cohen and I way during this re lactation journey so far, teething, sever biting, colds, coughs, me going away and now the pump breaking down just to name a some of the things. Well here's to perseverance I say huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...