Monday, March 8, 2010

One soon

Well I am starting to try and put some thought into Cohen's birthday, 24th of next month and my little guy will be ONE can you believe it? I can hardly believe it myself, where has the time gone? DH and I are very fortunate to have a wonderful group of friends and randomly on the weekend we were trying to count up people to invite to Cohen's birthday celebrations. Goodness the boy is going to have as many if not more invited guests then what either of us would at something for ourselves. So our current thoughts are to split celebrations with friends and family. As Cohen's birthday falls on a Saturday we will likely have a morning tea here at home with DH and my family and then a party with friends and kids at the park on the Sunday.

Some time ago my SIL asked if she could make Cohen's birthday cake and at the time I said it was fine. However I have been giving it thought and it's 'my' boys first birthday and I feel like 'I' should be giving it a go good, bad or otherwise. So all though I don't mind my SIL making a cake for him she can do the family one as I am going to try and do my own for his party with our friends and their kids. My thoughts at the moment are to try and do something to do with ducks for his cake, as he seems rather found of them.....or any animal really. So who knows what I am going to come up with and how it's going to turn out, but it's something I want have some fun with.

As for his birthday present I had thoughts of making him some puppets (he loves puppets) but I have had no time with our re lactation efforts so my sewing has taken a back burner. As it is a have a pile of other things as well that need sewing attention that have been neglected as well. I really don't know what we will do on the present front as we personally want to start steering away from him having so many plastic toys. Oh well if I don't get to sew him puppets, perhaps I will buy some and a few other little wooden toys. It's likely though whatever we get him it will get lost in the sea of other things I am sure he will get for his birthday from others. In the overall scheme of things it doesn't really matter what we get him because he gets our love and that's the best gift he could ever have.

But yeah, can you believe he will be one so soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...