Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crafty time

I haven't had much time to do anything creative or artistic in ages with so much going on and more that I am working on. However with Mother's Day approaching and us pinching pennies I thought I would make some time to get creative about something towards my MIL Mother's Day gift. My MIL likes to knit but maybe once or twice a year she will do something. So I was thinking now that she is a grandmother she will probably do a little more knitting from time to time. She is often saying that if there is something I want her to knit she will do it for me. Anyways I thought I would encourage her interest in knitting a little more now and especially now that it's coming into winter it's a nice, quiet and cozy activity for indoors in front of the telly.

So yesterday whilst Cohen was down for a nap I got busy making her some stitch markers. They are simple but nonetheless effective, I have even checked with some of the wonderfully creative knitting mummas on Nappycino and they have given me the thumbs up with my stitch markers. Some of those mummas are also trying to lure me over the dark side so to speak to the world of knitting. Although it is a craft I want to learn properly I think it will have to go on the back burner for a few months, until I clear a few other things off my plate I am working on.

Anyways it was nice to sit down yesterday for a short period to do this little project and be a little crafty and creative. I hope my MIL likes them, as we have also bought her some lovely rosewood knitting needles and pattern book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...