Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm back.......do you want the goss??

Well it's been a while hasn't it? I have had a break from blogging in the last 2 months for a variety of reasons. I have been on a bender for the last 2 months of being in some sort or sick state. Firstly I had a throat/chest infection, then got a round of gastro and to top it off head cold after all that. All of which Cohen has got a touch of or worse in some way or another. So all of you with kiddlywinks will know that when you're already fighting a battle with your kids when they are sick it's only harder when you're sick at the same time. I guess now is the time I should also fess up and tell you that in the middle of having my throat/chest infection I also started experiencing violent illness, I just constantly felt sick all the time. Then that familiar feeling of it feeling even worse when Cohen was feeding started to make me think.

So out of the bathroom draw came the pregnancy tests and a few minutes later (well actually straight away) two fat lines showed up. Without going into to much graphic detail I had thought based on what I thought was a period I had after the miscarriage in May that at the time I could have only been 5 - 6 weeks, so I didn't rush madly to the docs. When I finally got blood tests done my levels were off the charts and not even in the vicinity for 6 or so weeks. It had my doc thinking I was further along then I thought or I was having twins again. Well to give the short version fast forward through a scare early on with more bleeding and an urgent scan through the hospital they confirmed all was well and that I was in fact 10 weeks and 3 days.

Fast forward again to today, and I have just had my NT ultrasound done and bubs is doing well and I am 13 weeks now. Goodness am I relieved or what, after all the ups and downs from the start of this year. So to give you a quick run down on other matters Cohen is still my re lactated booby boy, we hit 6 months a while ago now (1 year in total boobfed), very proud time for us both. He is still feeding at the moment with me being pregnant but I am sensing he is starting to wean a bit. I don't know where our booby journey is going to go from here, but I am still happy for him to feed through the whole pregnancy and beyond if he wishes. I have had to cut his feeds short because when he feeds for too long it makes me feel very ill. I don't want to push him to wean, I want him to make that choice himself. So for now I am happy to go with the flow and see where this journey takes us in our relationship.

I have so much more I could ramble on about at the moment but I guess I have dropped a pretty big bombshell of news on you all. So I will let you sit with that for now and I will be dropping back in more regularly again to fill you in.

3 comments:

  1. Well Congratulations and best wishes from me. Whispers to the new Little One growing :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and Best wishes.

    XOXO Hayley

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...