Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Decemebers craft and celebrations!

I haven't posted pics for ages so I thought I would do a quick post to show off some of my Christmas crafts that I did from presents etc and a few pics of Cohen enjoying his Christmas day!

I did 2 of these tops in different and sizes very similar to one another for my and DH's god-daughters; they are sisters. The next pic is of some fabric covered note books we did for them also!





This next pic is of a Christmas decoration I did for a Secret Santa swap on NC. I had so much fun making it for my swapper that I was inspired to do more for my IL's as part of their Christmas gifts from us. My swapper got the bonus little mouse I made with a bell in it because she is rather fond of little mice.



And the pic to follow is what I received from my dear swapper, I just love it so much. Funnily enough though I actually have a pair of knitted socks in the same wool!



This pic is of a custom bag order I did through My Vintage Vow for a friend of ours. She had seen some other bags I had done and wanted me to whip something up for her 6 year old daughter. All materials and embellishments were up cycled. As an extra Christmas surprise I also popped some vintage handmade button hair ties and a t-shirt bangle as well!




And now a few pics of Co on Christmas Day, it's sometimes hard to remember to get the camera out and take more pics when you're just sitting there in the moment with them and you don't want to be stuck behind the camera YK? Anyways the first pic is Cohen opening up his Santa presents in his room. DH growing up only ever new the tradition of Santa presents to open on Christmas morning in your room all over the bed and then family presents under the tree. Therefor it is a tradition DH wishes to have with our children. Cohen's Santa presents where a wooden train with a petrol, log and block carriage.





Cohen's presents from us consisted of a wooden digger/tractor and a push along trike/bike thingy that has the handle at the back for an adult to hold onto.



Aside from that Cohen got loads more presents from family and friends and this final pic is of one of the gifts he got from Gran and Grandpa a horse which has this inflatable inside and Cohen just loves sitting on it and bouncing around like it's a bucking bronco. Overall it was an utter delight watching Cohen on Christmas Day although he still doesn't understand the day he seemed to understand the whole unwrapping gifts. He also seemed to understand the giving spirit by picking up gifts to give to other people and giving them a hug and kiss in the process. Awww sweet boy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing hun! The girls loooove their tops and proudly wore them all of Christmas day. Amy has decided that her book will be her fashion diary. (the new thing with her... drawing and designing clothes) And Mily has drawn a thousand shapes (her latest discovery of how clever she is...hehe) and there is about the same amount of rainbows in her's too. (Mily loves rainbows atm)
    Looks like Cohen had an amazing day! Hope you guys did too! (We did!)
    Love to you all,
    The Jalass Clan.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...