Monday, July 25, 2011

Fun, Fairies, Fruit and Veg

We have some many little projects on the go or in the pipeline at the moment here at home. Down the side of the house we are in the midst of paving and putting in fruit and veg garden beds down the length of the house. We are very excited about our plans and looking forward to getting back into our fruit and veg again on a larger scale after the big rains last year wiping out everything. Cohen is also rather excited and has been out there helping daddy when he has been doing work. We are going to be utilising the fence as well with hanging pots and to Cohen's delight we currently have two varieties of strawberries growing which we check on every other day and have him water.


Cohen in the very late afternoon helping daddy put one of the garden bed walls in....or more like putting himself in the garden bed.




DH has informed me that it's mainly my responsibility for working out what we are going to be planting. So far the list of what I want going in the ground is lettuce, Asian mixed lettuce, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, silverbeet, baby eggplant, capsicum.....and that is about as far as I have got for now but the list will be expanding considerably as we get more done.




Anyway I want to share with you another project I have going in the pipeline I just need some time to work on. At the back of our house we have this retaining wall.

Yeah I know kind of boring picture! I have been inspired by going ons over at The Magic Onions and the fairy gardens that I am seeing over there. So the plan here is to turn all the little nooks between the boulders into little natural fantasy wonderlands for fairies and the like hang out. DH has bought a bunch of small hessian bags that we can load up with soil with some appropriate non-evasive plants so we can stick in some of the gaps to pretty it up. I'm not sure what plants to look for yet but I am hoping something that might weep over some of the boulders creating little curtains and caves for our fairy wonderland. I'm hoping this will be another project that Cohen will enjoy helping me with. Furthermore I hope he will enjoy using this area for his imaginative play once we get going. I'm sure Sarah will enjoy it bit I expect it will be well established by the time she is tottering around and old enough to join in the wonderment of it all.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh a Faerie Garden sounds awesome! Co will love helping with that!

    I have no suggestions on plants though. I am a black thumb through and through *nods*

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...