Saturday, September 24, 2011

Basic pancake recipe easy afternoon tea...

I've been wanting some easy and I mean super easy afternoon tea inspired recipes to do with Cohen. What I have been looking for is something easy with as few steps as possible, where he can help with some of the process and would keep him calm and quite while Sarah naps. Nap times especially with Sarah are precious for me because she regularly goes through bouts of not sleeping at all and she doesn't sleep through the night either. So when Sarah is on a not napping stint Cohen misses out on any sort of special one on one time with me.

So I rustled up this super easy pancake recipe. Now please excuse me if your pancake recipe is already as simple as this, but the other recipes I have previously referred to have several more ingredients. I just love how simple this is and there is so much scope to make them sweet or savory. Although we enjoyed ours with some naughty Nutella, an afternoon or morning tea or breakfast even of these pancakes with sliced strawberries, natural yogurt and a drizzle of honey would make a delicious meal. But at the same time with there being no sugar in this recipe you could even have savory ones with grated zucchini and carrot.....but honestly the possibilities are endless with such a simple base recipe to be enjoyed plain or jazzed up.

Off to find some more mega simple, kid friendly recipes with minimal ingredients, fewer the better. If you have any suggestions please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it is a simple recipe. have you seen those ladies that do recipes with only 4 ingredients? I think they are Aussie Mums

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...