Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How are your kids handling.....

this time of the year? How are your kids, your family holding up? I don't ever like playing into theories about kids and their behaviours, because I tend to feel that you can have them or yourself live up to those opinions........particularly if they aren't the most positive ones.

I have lost count of the amount of people, caregivers, parents, whoever saying that their kids or kids they look after are running ratty, that it's the end of the year and they are over it. I'm hearing things like the kids aren't behaving as well as they normally would and the kids are tired and that bad behaviours are worse than ever.

Image from here.

Is this true? Why do you think it's true? If this theory is indeed fact amongst others, my opinion is that I think it's got a lot more to do with parents and the stresses we are all under at this time of the year. As a result kids being kids feel these vibes and tensions in their parents and caregivers and respond accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. For my kids, my eldest 2 (school-age) were extremely tired last week - they'd had a busy couple of weeks at school, not to mention Christmas concerts at night and other things. They were 'at each other' more than usual, simply because they were tired. Now we're on school holidays, we've slowed the pace down. And we're all a lot more pleasant. I don't think kids are intentionally ratty at this time of year. I tend to agree with the fact that they mirror what they see - if we're running around and stressed, then they emulate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are pretty much as normal- then again, at 2.5 years and 5 months, life is pretty much the same for them. Any additional grumpiness I can put down to dragging them out to carols, lights, dinner with the family....

    I do wonder if things will be different when they have a structured school year and understand about things like Christmas?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...