Monday, January 16, 2012

Breastfeeding milestone........

Have you ever noticed my ticker down the bottom of the right hand column there?
Do you know what it says today?

Two years ago today marks the point in which Cohen latched back onto my breast after I came home from hospital after a D&C for my second miscarriage and tried to nurse. Today marks the day the decision would be made to throw everything I had and more at trying to establish my supply again, and right the wrongs I felt I made in having taken him off the breast for those 3 months. Today marks second chances, special journeys, sweet moments and hard work.

I don't think mothers often stand up and say they are proud of themselves, but we should. Today I'm standing up to say I am proud, I'm proud of me, I'm proud of my darling boy, I'm proud of us. I'm proud of my family, I'm proud of my ever supportive husband who's support on this journey has been second to none. I'm emotional at the love and pride he has for our efforts. I'm proud of Sarah, who brings more love to this special journey and relationship and shares breastfeeding in tandem with her brother.

Today I am just proud.
What a milestone........2 years my re lactated booby boy, I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations from a Balinese mother who hears you

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...