Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bunting Activity for the kids....

Bunting, there are so many different takes on it around the blogosphere, Pinterest and the like isn't there? But a thought came to me the other week after receiving some pretty Chinese envelopes with money in them for Chinese New Year from DH's auntie. How pretty they would be made into a bunting, so I took that idea of envelopes and bunting and came up with a great no mess, easy, bunting activity to do with kids.

I did this with Cohen this morning and he is turning three in April, so it's perhaps a good activity for three and up.

What you will need is:
* envelopes, you can use plain ones or be creative with colours sizes and shapes, but probably easiest with the self-adhesive variety of envelopes for the younger ones.
* string, wool or ribbon for hanging.
* pens, pencils, crayons, stickers or whatever other embellishments you want to get creative with, it's up to you.

I kept it simple this morning with plain envelopes pencils and stickers. But just let your kids go nuts with designs on the envelopes. Once envelopes are decorated determine where you will be hanging your bunting and the amount of string, wool or ribbon you will need, and the amount of envelopes you will be using for that space. Then flip your envelopes over flap side up, the lay your string, wool or ribbon under the flaps n then you and your little one can stick the flaps down closing the envelopes.

Then there isn't much left to do but hang your child's bunting.

I'm glad I left the idea of this activity until today as I moved around Cohen's room this morning and there was some hesitation to the change. However that quickly change when I suggested some decorations for his room.

This activity could be expanded on so much more with the use of envelopes, in fact I've got several other ideas lined up for young and old, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Bunting in all its forms is a fantastic way to dress up a kid's bedroom.

    I slaved for hours sewing up bunting for my daughter a couple of years ago and more recently, knotted fabric triangles to jute twine for her pirate party decorations.

    But I know she'd love to make her own. I saw some really cheap red envelopes at the stationery store today - might just go back and pick them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic idea Trudie. I want to thank you so much for linking up each week to my "Thriving on Thursdays" linky party. You always have such fantastic ideas. The party will be starting again in just over 12 hours so if you get a chance, I'd love to see what you've been up to this week.

    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...