Thursday, February 9, 2012

Childhood Fantasy Bucket List.....

I posted on my Facebook wall the other day that I was spending the afternoon drawing with Cohen and thinking of things that I always wanted to do as a kid but never got around to doing or got the chance to have.

Like for me I have always wanted to complete a whole colouring-in book by perfectly colouring in every page. I always wanted a My Child Doll but never had one, due to family finances always being a struggle. Growing up I wanted to be in a cartoon, cartoon land look so much fun. Painting a mural on my bedroom wall would have been fun too, but alas living in a poor family renting from the housing commission that was never going to happen.

So heading towards my mid-thirties now I figure it's high time I make some of these fantasies and dreams come true. So I have set myself the task of developing my Childhood Fantasy Bucket List and to get busy trying to tick some of it off.

I am so curious to hear what others have on that Childhood Bucket List, come on share it with me, or post about it and let me know I would love to see what others have got on their list. Just remember it's those crazy, silly things that are on that list with your inner child, not adult dreams.

Well I best be going and get the rest of my list finished.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Trudie, believe it or not, on my childhood bucket list was to be a Mum. I'm living the dream Trudie, living the dream! LOL We only ever used to get one present for birthdays and Christmas at our house as funds were always limited so we didn't really 'want' for anything but I used to be really envious of kids who got Dragster bikes. I got a girl's bike at about aged 11, a second hand one repainted mind you, but I still loved it. I wished we could've gone to Disneyland as well and I'm hoping to make that dream come true for my kids even though seeing it now doesn't interest me but I'll get a kick out of the kids seeing it

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a child my mum made all my clothes, sometimes from old curtains or sheets. Life was a bit of a struggle growing up my father died when I was 3 weeks old. But my mum was never fazed, loved op shops and going to spring fairs etc to buy up big at the bric a brac stall. She made all the jam, bread, cakes, slices, and all sorts of delicious dinners. All I ever wanted was a dress from shop and a real sandwich like my friends, made out of real bread, a cake from the cake shop and some bought jam. Funny, I never realised back then how lucky I was.
    But most of all, I wanted to be a hostess on a television show, showing off the prizes that people could win, like kitchen appliances, TB's, cars etc. So
    every night without fail when mum clesned up the kitchen I would stand in it for hours pretneding to be the hostess, running my hands up and down the oven, moving over to the fridge opening it and closing it.
    I think I may have missed the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...