Saturday, March 10, 2012

Daddy's first in over a year....

I said it was going to be a BIG week this week, and it is just that for a variety of reasons. This Sunday is going to mark the first time in over a year that Ben will be left with both of the kids for the whole day. You may ask why this hasn't happened sooner? The two biggest reasons have been Sarah being breastfed and being a very big mummy's girl, not wanting to have me out if sight for long at all. I'm heading to a Bloggers Workshop on Sunday and although I am able to take Sarah if I wish, since buying my ticket it's become apparent it's going to be difficult for me to take in the day and all the information. In such a short period time Sarah has changed so much and is a little busy body and she would have me running here and there and missing out on a lot of wonderful information.

It would seem that in a manner of speaking a switch or at least a partial switch has been flicked in Sarah and she seems a lot more confident and settled in the last few weeks. So we are taking the leap and on Sunday, we are going brave it collectively as a family and I'm going to be child-free for the first time in over a year and DH is going to pull double duty. I do expect to hear some reports of tears and troublesome moments during the day, but I'm really hoping that the day goes well for every body. The last thing I want at the end of the day after being at the workshop is to be picked up in Brisbane by a stressed out daddy and two upset kids.

*the kids just the other day beating daddy up on the belly, I think this will be suggested activity to keep them happy while I'm gone Sunday*

Thankfully with a few things that have changed around here and with Sarah recently, I think we are more likely to have success with the day than an epic fail. Goodness if the day is an epic fail I'm going to feel rotten for "abandoning" my little girl. So the one thing we know works well for Sarah doing swimming lessons with daddy, is if mummy is out of sight, she's out of mind for want of a better phrase to use. So we will be using this tactic for my departure. On another note the recent implantation of snack boxes has been so successful with Cohen that I will be able to arrange one for Sunday so that Ben won't have to worry about whining from Cohen about being hungry, Cohen will be able to help himself. Therefore allowing Ben to be as hands on with Sarah if she is having a hard time.

Oh and because I'm such a lovely wife I'm going to leave Ben with a run down of the days routine and suggestions for distractions for Sarah (he requested it). So please cross your fingers with me for Sunday being a successful day. I'm so super keen for this workshop that I want to be able to take it all in, bring it all home and apply it to bringing you lots of wonderful content here and over at My Vintage Vow.

2 comments:

  1. I hope they survived the day - wasn't it fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, it all went really well. Thankfully it now means I can make the odd plan here and there now knowing that she will happy and content mostly.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...