Monday, April 23, 2012

For me, for him, my weekend.....

I have had another splendid weekend, with many things that have made it special and exciting. Saturday mornings here always means swimming lessons, which involves some logistical planning. Sarah being a mummy's girl needs for me to be out of sight and out of mind to have a relaxed lesson with daddy (their only one on one time each week). I'm missing out on seeing her confidence in the pool develop, but it does mean I get one on one time with Cohen during this time. So I usually take him to a nearby park in the area we live. On Saturday we were on our way to another park when the grasslands we were about to pass had a hot air balloon lingering closely above.

So I pulled into the car park, unbuckled Cohen and we ran off for a better view and to my excitement they were also coming down to land. We kept our distance, but once they had landed and were secured I was waved in with Cohen so he could have a close up look. Cohen was a little frightened by the size but I could tell he was in awe of it all at the same time. It was such a wonderful and unexpected surprise for our Saturday morning.

In other splendidness and of particular importance to me and "my" dreams and goals, I ventured out on the weekend selling some of my handmade wares and vintage collectibles and knick knacks. You can read about my day over at my other blog My Vintage Vow. I'm so pleased that I'm slowly tapping away at some major personal goals I've had for some time.
Exciting times. Exciting weekend, full of these splendours and more. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...